Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome John Thomas Wilkins!

After a long, grueling day of labor, John Thomas Wilkins finally joined us at 2:33 this morning. He is 21 inches long, and 7lb 14oz. Not knowing what was going on was very miserable, but I guess my mom and Jessica were there are still in the same boat for awhile. Much of the night I laid in bed crying and praying, worried that something horrible had happened until I finally heard all was well at about 3:30. I just kept praying over and over 'please take care of my sister, please take care of my sister' while the Ingrid Michaelson song 'Keep Breathing' went through my head (yes, I know, I'm a dork). Not a fun night for anyone, I guess. But he's here now, and all is well! Keep Jenny in your prayers so she can recover for the flight home in two weeks! Besides the picture here, my sister Jessica has more on her facebook page, if you want to check them out.

Here's the handsome devil:


On an unrelated note, tonight I'm going to see Joshua Radin - I love his music and I've never seen him live before, so I'm very excited. Vanessa Carlton is one of the openers, which could be good. Then I got asked to help the ad sales folks at the magazine do something tomorrow night on a Circle Line jazz cruise in the harbor, so that should be fun. Friday night I intend to hit the JP Morgan Library (home and museum) for 'pay what you want' and then June gets here Saturday, and then just one more week of work!

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

What a cutie! Congratulations aunt Julie! Tell Jenny that we're thinking about her and to just enjoy squeezing and kissing that little boy. A boy! Can you believe it! :)