Monday, July 7, 2008

Not Bad for a Monday

Today work went by relatively quickly. After work, I went down to the Lower East Side to buy tickets to a show that Erikka and I are going to see when she's here (the band is called She and Him, I haven't heard their stuff, but the 'she' is Zooey Deschanel, Will Farrel's love interest in Elf). The place where I bought the tickets was right next to Katz's deli, which is a famous Jewish deli that's been there since 1888. So I decided to eat dinner there - I had a combo sandwich so I could try the pastrami and the brisket - both were blissful, but the pastrami was particularly fabulous. When I got back to my apartment, I was welcomed by FOUR pieces of mail, so that made for an exciting evening. So thanks Jen, Ang, and Jessica for the cards! I especially liked the one from Jessica - the front read 'My bologna has a middle name....And its Marie'. Very funny. My other piece of mail was Kevin sending me my InStyle magazine, and my new credit card since someone stole my old number. Hooray for mail! To top it all off, Weeds was actually interesting for the first time this season. Only four more days of work til the weekend....

No comments: