Friday, July 18, 2008

Seven Down, Three To Go

This wasn't a bad week. I was kept very busy fact-checking a number of things, most of which were interesting. In particular, I enjoyed learning about vertical farming....if you're bored, check out www.verticalfarm.org. Pretty crazy stuff. I also learned about FabLabs, or fabrication laboratories, where they have machines to make just about anything you can imagine. I am also working on writing a book review (maybe I already mentioned that?), but it won't be in until Nov. I'll take what I can get.
Yesterday evening I went to Prospect Park in Brooklyn to see Jerry Douglas for free. I took the train to the opposite side of the park, with the intent to walk through the park, which I haven't done before. Bad idea. For some reason, when I get into a park, I'm suddenly completely disoriented. So I walked through what was basically the woods, and even though I had a map and thought I knew where I was going, I ended up in the wrong place. So my nice stroll through the park ended up being a twice as long hike. Oh well. But the show was pretty good....can't beat free! I was glad to have the distraction, yesterday was a little rough since it was our 4th wedding anniversary and obviously I wasn't with Kevin.
Today work was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Around 3:00 I realized that no one seemed to be around. While I was talking with another intern about everyone being gone, someone walked by and told us most people had gone to a bar for a drink. So we packed up and headed to do the same. It was nice to get out of the office early, because I'm trying to finish up my current knitting project in time for my arrival in Charlotte tomorrow morning. That's right, I'm going to visit Jenny and Charlie in NC. I found a cheap flight and decided just to go. I felt a little bad for spending the money, because I really don't have it, but then today I got a $100 check for going to the beach last Friday. So that paid for a good chunk of it. Anyway, its time for me to eat my dinner (pork chop and velveeta shells and cheese....i'm eating as much of that while I can since Kevin won't eat it) and a knitting marathon before my 5:00AM cab ride to the airport!

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

How was NC? Is your sister looking super-cute with her baby bump? Hope you had a good trip and enjoyed the mini-vacation away!