Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the week at work went fine, I guess. I got more random things to do, which seem like busy work mostly, but hey, as long as I'm doing something. I also had an editor that looks like Patrick Dempsey ask me to do some research for him, so that was exciting. Today I went in early (so 9 instead of 10) because I knew Jackie would get to the city noon-ish....and of course, my editor wanted to talk to me about the stuff I've had done since Tuesday right when it was almost noon. Our meeting was fine, he said nothing too bad or too good, but I've got a lot more work to do. By the time I got back to my desk, Jackie had called to say she was waiting outside, so I just left work at 12:30....I'll just work my butt off on Monday.
So first Jackie and I went to the line for tkts, the day-of-show Broadway tickets that are discounted. Unfortunately, the cheapest tickets were like $66....so I guess I'm not going to any shows this summer unless my roommate gets some for free (which she expects will happen sometime). Then we shopped in SoHo, walked to the Brooklyn Bridge, rode the Staten Island Ferry so we could take pictures of the Statue of Liberty, and finally we ate dinner at a pizza place called Luzzo's in the East Village. Very good. Now its off to bed.
Oh wait! Jackie saw my furry little friend (aka a mouse) today. I missed it.




Brooklyn Bridge




Me and Jackie at the Brooklyn Bridge - her version of this picture is much better....




Statue of Liberty at sunset




I thought this building looked really cool looking up the side of it.

No comments: