Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pizza in Brooklyn

Last night I accompanied Wendy and her friend Amanda for their weekly Friday night pizza excursion. From what I gathered, they regularly go to pizza places all around the city with the goal of finding the best pizza in the city. Lucky for me, their destination for last night was Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Brooklyn. Grimaldi's is located practically under the Brooklyn Bridge, and was actually rated #1 for pizza in a Zagat survey. While Wendy and Amanda waited in a line that spread halfway down the block, I walked down the street to take in some fabulous views of lower Manhattan. The pizza was very good (we actually ate one pizza and ordered another that we couldn't finish). I was also glad to have ventured into Brooklyn for my first time (I think).


Looking up at the Brooklyn Bridge.




Looking towards lower Manhattan from Brooklyn.




The Empire State Building in the distance, seen underneath the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge.




After dinner, we walked down to the river again. This was my best attempt at a picture without a flash....

No comments: