Friday, June 6, 2008

Hello DC!





































Before beginning my internship in NYC, I had to go to Washington DC for an orientation with all of the other AAAS fellows. Having never been to DC, this sounded good to me. I arrived at the hotel with no problem, dropped off my bags, and within minutes was taking pictures of the White House. While our orientation took up a bit of every day, I still had a lot of time to see some sights. My favorites included seeing the Hope Diamond and the other gems at the American Natural History Museum, the Hirshhorn Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and the National Portrait Gallery/American Gallery of Art.

Wednesday I left the hotel and took a cab to Reagan airport for my flight to NYC. Right after I got there, it started thunderstorming and more or less didn't stop until about 11pm. Lucky me, my flight was canceled and I spent the night at the airport. Oh the misery.

Note - I am not figuring out how to post pictures and put them where I want to....anyway, the pictures are the Hope diamond, the White House with snipers on top (there was some fancy party going on), Washington Monument and reflection pool, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Washington Monument again.

No comments: