Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Long Week

I'm trying to remember what I did this week. Hmmmm. Here's a few highlights.
Tuesday - After work, I forced myself to do laundry. There's a laundromat close to my place, thankfully, but it still was a pain. I bought 5 more pairs of underwear though, so I might only have to do laundry 2 more times, if I'm lucky.
Wednesday - I went to see Maria Taylor at a place called the Knitting Factory. I went by myself, which is something I've never done before. It was kind of boring...the venue was really dark, so even if I had wanted to try and meet someone else, it was just too dark to saunter up to a person you didn't know and start a conversation. Oh well. Maria was great, and the artists that opened for her were good too. Johnathan Rice I liked a lot, I might have to buy some of his music sometime. The song he sang that I liked the most though is not on any of his albums. Damnit! I bought a ticket to see another show, Joshua Radin, at the end of July.....I love him and I've never seen him live. Otherwise I think I'll go without heading to concerts by myself.
Thursday - I did nearly nothing at work all day. Then around 4, my editor came by telling me about something I could do, but he said he'd have to send me an email with a list of things I needed to photocopy. He didn't send the email immediately, and I went to look for him and his office door was closed, so I thought he might have left. Then about 5 I tried one last time to see if he was there....he was, and he sent me the email. Then I made copies until 8:00 cause I won't be in tomorrow....
Big news!!! I'm going to the taping of David Letterman on Tuesday! I had filled out an online form for tickets thinking it would never happen. Someone called, and I had to answer a trivia question correctly....I just had to describe the 'Great Moments in Presedential Speeches' bit....which thankfully I was able to do. So I'm going to Letterman! I think the guests are Charlize Theron and Motley Crue. I'm really looking forward to going.
Tomorrow morning I'm flying to Richmond VA for my friend Erikka's wedding in Charlottesville. Kevin drove out to my sister Jenny's today in NC, and then he's picking me up at the airport, and then we're going wine tasting for the day before the bachelorette party in the evening. I can't wait to see Kevin, but I'm also looking forward to seeing my college friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Woohoo, weddings!

No comments: