Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Gus is Here!

Yesterday was indeed an eventful day. After having an ultrasound on Monday and finding out that our kid was approximately almost 10 lbs, the doctor said we were going to get the show on the road. She basically asked us if we wanted to be induced or have a c-section. This was a decision that I was completely unprepared and unqualified to make, and we basically told her we'd like to do whatever she wanted. So she decided to go with c-section, and scheduled it for yesterday at 1:45.
Of course, Murphy's law was in effect, and my water broke at 9am, sending us into the hospital a little early. I went into labor to some extent, and was having some fun contractions, and dilated to 4 cm. The doctor decided I was progressing too quickly, so she got to bump some other c-sections and take me early.
August John Thole was born at 12:47, weighing in at 9 lb 1 oz and 21 1/4" long! He's awfully cute! We made it through the first night without any problems. I'm feeling good and should be up and around here shortly, and I think we'll be here til Saturday. Here are some highlights:

On the way out the door to the hospital. Satchel could tell something was up.


Dad cuts the cord.


Weighing in.


Dad and Gus


Grandma and Gus


His first bath - apparently this was very entertaining


All cleaned up and ready to go!


Family photo

3 comments:

jen p. said...

one picture I think he looks like you, then the next he looks like Kevin. Such a cutie! I can't believe I have to wait THREE MORE WEEKS to meet him! That's great that Kevin cut the cord, or trimmed it, or whatever. More than Charlie did!

Drool Sessions said...

Congratulations you two! He is super-cute! Glad that everything went smoothly and that you have your little guy in your arms. Kudos to Kevin for cutting the cord! And great job mom! I can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

YAY!! So happy to see things are well. Sorry I haven't made it out to the hospital yet, but I'll head over to your house when I can. Maybe now there's a title for the blog??

Get some sleep!