Monday, July 13, 2009

Settling In

We're on day 3 of being at home. Everything is going pretty great so far. Our two nights have been pretty good, very little crying and very good eating. In the last 24 hours he's starting really peeing all over, so hopefully soon we'll figure out how to keep that under control. Both Kevin and I have been peed on now, so at least we're equal.
We went to the pediatrician this morning, and the doctor said "my only suggestion is that you keep doing what you're doing" so I guess that's good. Gus's weight had been down to 8lb 3oz before we left the hospital (after being 9lb 1oz at birth) and today he was 8lb 8.5oz and the doctor seemed pretty happy with that.
The dogs have been really good. Lucy is almost so good it seems like someone flipped a switch and made her behave, except for momentary lapses of being like she normally is. So I'm very grateful for that.
Not much else exciting going on, as you can imagine. I'm feeling pretty good and getting around pretty well. The doctor said I should be limited to going up and down stairs, but in my house that's difficult since we just have the one bathroom upstairs.....so I just take it really slow and it seems fine. My feet seem to be back to normal size, but my hands are still really swollen and numb. My right hand actually feels consistently more numb than it had been feeling, which is a pain. It really hurts when I'm holding Gus in the same position for a long time while I feed him. So I'm actually wearing my wrist splints right now to see if it helps (I've only ever worn them at night).
Here are a couple cute pictures of my sweet little boy:

Daddy and Gus with the dogs. Lucy is using Satchel's head as a pillow....this is funny because they rarely would be on the couch at the same time, but now they're on there together all the time.



Gus comfortably napping yesterday with his legs crossed funny. Lucy was sniffing around the Pack-n-play checking him out.



A cute squished-up face :)

3 comments:

Drool Sessions said...

Glad the dogs are behaving. On a random side note, how do you import your pictures to your blog so that I'm able to click on them and view them bigger. Every way I've tried on my blog, I can't click to make them bigger. just curious.

Jess P. said...

I've been peed on too! Yay me!

jmpgarnet said...

laura, i'm not sure....i've always wondered why yours don't do that. i don't do anything special. i wonder if there's a random setting somewhere that you have off and i have on? sorry i couldn't be more helpful.