Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Out a Bit

We've had a very nice few days. Friday was our 5th wedding anniversary (I know, can you believe it?), so June was nice enough to come over and watch Gus while we went out to dinner. I was thrilled to do my hair for the first time in quite awhile, and I wore shoes that were not flip flops for the first time in maybe 6 weeks.

A family picture while mom and dad look decent.....



Saturday was nice because a number of people stopped by to visit. Jessica and Todd came over for awhile, then Budde was here for a couple of hours, and later Jen and Brice stopped by too on their way out to dinner and a concert. Visitors make the day go by so much more quickly!

Yesterday, we took Gus on his first trip to Illinois where he went to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Plocher's house. He was very well behaved, until we were trying to take pictures, of course.

With Great Grandma and Grandpa



With Grandma and Grandpa



A decent picture of Kevin and I (with Gus) - these don't happen too often!



Passed out in dad's arms. He had on the cutest outfit for the trip!!



So now its Monday and Kevin is back at work. I guess these 6 weeks I have left will go crazy fast, but halfway through the first day it feels pretty slow. So far I watched a movie (He's Just Not That Into You), now I'm doing this, then I think I'll read for awhile (The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb). Sooner or later I can get some knitting going, but I don't have yarn for either of the two things that I have in mind. I'm really looking forward to going to the doctor on Thursday, when I should be cleared to drive (I'm confident I could drive now, but I figure giving it a few more days til I'm officially given the ok doesn't hurt). In the meantime I'll just start counting the days til Jenny, Charlie, and John are home - 10!!!

No comments: