Monday, July 27, 2009

A week with lots of firsts

I'm sorry, I've been lazy about posting anything this week. In general I haven't taken as many pictures, because obviously Gus doesn't do too much, so I could take pictures of is really his cute clothes every day.
But we had a busy week. Gus went to the doctor for his 2 week appt, at the time he was up to 9 lb 7.5 oz, so by now I'd guess he's hitting 10 lbs. Mom came to go to the pediatrician with us, and we also went to the mall where Gus got to ride in his stroller for the first time. I also had to go to the doctor this week; she thought my incision looked good so now I just have to go back in another 4 weeks and I should be completely back to normal by then (I hope). Jessica came to go to that appointment with us, and we went to the mall too and Gus and I used the BabyBjorn for the first time. I realized after the fact that might not have been the best idea for my incision because it hurt a bit more the next day, but not too bad. So maybe I'm not using that again for another week or so.
Let's see, what else..... Gus's umbilical cord fell off early last week, so now he's got a normal belly button. He got his first real bath as a result. He also had his first bottle, which went just fine. Saturday, Kevin, Jessica, Gus and I went to the cactus show at the gardens, and Kevin tried out the BabyBjorn (and I'm sad I didn't get a picture).....I think he enjoyed carrying Gus around. Yesterday we went to Illinois to take Gus to meet Erin, and her friends had organized a welcome home party.
I'm sure lots of other things happened too, but I can't remember. But here are a few pictures from the last week.

I'm knitting again, but Gus has been fussy during the day unless he's being held....this is the compromise.



Wide eyed in a cute outfit



First bath - he seemed to enjoy it after getting past the initial confusion



All cleaned up!



At Erin's party - Emma held Gus for awhile (until her arms were tired, about 2 minutes....)



This week will surely be exciting, because Jenny, Charlie and John are coming! Only 3 more days until Gus can meet his aunt, uncle, and cousin!

2 comments:

jen p. said...

YES! Pictures! These will have to do until Thursday night... can't wait!

Jess P. said...

I'll e-mail you my pic of Kevin carrying Gus in the baby bjorn!