Monday, June 15, 2009

Starting to Swell

Yippee, I'm officially a swollen pregnant lady. Basically, the day after my shower last weekend, my ankles started looking swollen. And now it seems to consistently be just my right ankle/foot that is swelling. And before I could tell anything with my ankles, I knew my fingers were swelling.....I got my engagement ring off about 2 weeks ago and left it off, and I took my wedding band off last weekend and that required lotion. I decided to buy a cheap silver band just because I feel completely naked without any rings on....and the ring I bought is 3 sizes bigger than my wedding rings - yikes! And I assume this is associated with the swelling - but my hands are getting numb easily. I have been working on knitting a blanket for a friend, and I could barely get across one row without needing to put my hands down. Very annoying.
I just got back from the doctor, and apparently these are normal things. She wasn't surprised that only my right foot was swollen, because my kid is sitting mostly on my right-hand side and is probably cutting off blood flowing back to my heart from my leg through the vena cava - woohoo. She just suggested laying down on my left-hand side when I'm able to. She didn't have any suggestions for my numb hands though. So that will get old real quick.
Anyway, it was a relatively productive weekend. I of course can't remember now some of what I did.....but I covered some wood letters with fun fabric to spell our kid's name on the wall. I'm sure anyone in my family could have done a better job (I'm such a half-asser) but if you don't look closely, they look ok. Yesterday I went to Babies R Us and bought a few more things that I needed with gift cards, and I found a mobile that matched my colors pretty well.....its giraffes. So now we're pretty much good to go! Here's a picture of the room currently, with the new rug, mobile, and the name on the wall.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That mobile is super cute! And I like the letters too!

Drool Sessions said...

The room is so cute! And I didn't know you guys had decided on a name. I think it's great!