Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby Anna and Bad Lucy

My friend Emily had her baby, Anna June, last Tuesday. I went with the girls to the hospital that day to see her, but she was in an oxygen bubble thing because they thought Anna had pneumonia or something. Anyway, Anna's doing great now and she and Emily got to go home on Saturday. Yesterday Kevin and I stopped by to visit baby Anna on our way back to StL from my parents. She's so beautiful! I didn't get to take many pictures because Satchel was outside melting in the car, but I was glad to finally meet her instead of just seeing her in the nursery from the hallway!



The Archibald family



In other news, Lucy has been much better in general about not being as crazy and hyper and jumpy as she was....but in the past week she's taken to chewing up stuff again, and now its more than just underwear. Since we've had such a problem with her eating underwear, we bought a hamper to keep clothes in (as opposed to the laundry baskets that were easy for her to root through. But sometime in the past week, I woke up in the middle of the night, and the hamper was on its side, and Lucy had devoured two more pairs of underwear. So then this weekend we were keeping the hamper in the closet. One night, she somehow got a hold of one of my bras - it was definitely not on the floor, I really thought I had put it in the drawer but maybe it hung down so she could reach it? But she ate A LOT of it. It was an old, stretched out one, so no big loss really. Then Saturday night, I woke up one of many times that I woke up that night, and heard a chewing noise - she was chewing on one of my sandals - one of few pairs that isn't plain old flip flops that I had bought in SoHo last summer. She devoured the straps completely from one of the shoes. Very very sad. So last night, we put away EVERYTHING, and we had the hamper in the closet like we've been doing. But when I woke up around 1am, the closet door was open, and yet another pair of underwear is destroyed. ARG! I cannot believe she was able to get the closet door open without us hearing her. So I'm not sure what her deal is - if its so hot that she isn't sleeping well, and she's looking for chewing entertainment? Or if she's just grown into a very chewy puppy stage? Anyone? I'm not sure what we'll do with her, if we'll banish her to the crate for the night for awhile and see how that goes? But seriously I can't keep up with all the underwear she's eaten. It doesn't help either that this weekend I fell over while I was trying to put on my underwear and I tore a pair myself. Very graceful, I know.
Here are the shoes Lucy destroyed. She also took a small bite out of the sole of a new nicer pair of flip flops i just bought, but they are salvageable.



Otherwise, things are ok. My numb hands and swollen feet are getting more and more of a pain. I woke up multiple times last night with my arm so numb and throbbing I thought it was going to explode. A former coworker told me that I should cook barley and drink the water it was cooked in, and that would help the swelling go away....sounds like a worthwhile plan to me. I usually go to the doctor on Mondays but I think she's still on vacation til tomorrow or something, so I go on Wednesday. I'm just really curious to see what she has to say - one of my aunts predicted I'd have the baby by Friday, and a coworker for some reason decided it would be Saturday. At this uncomfortable hot rate, I'll take it any time!!!

No comments: