Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Showered with Love :)

This weekend my family threw me a baby shower. This is no small feat, because of the size of Kevin's family. I think there ended up being 76 invited or something crazy like that, and probably about 50-60 people were actually there. So kudos to my aunts Bonnie and Susie, my mom, and my sisters for putting everything together!
It was at the hall at the church in Grantfork, and it was HOT! Or at least I was sweating profusely the whole time. But I got almost everything I needed, which is very exciting! I even got 4 hand-made quilts (from my mom, Jackie, my grandma, and Kevin's aunt), which are all very nice. I don't have many pictures, except for a few from after the gift opening....

Here's all the superstars.....



Here's me and Emily, about 2 weeks til D-Day for her! If anyone has this picture with her eyes open, please pass it on!!!



Me and my momma and sisters and of course sweet baby John.



Me and John!



When I got home Sunday evening, Kevin helped me unload everything. Then he proceeded to dig through all of the boxes and bags, dumping everything into the crib. Thanks Kevin.....



Last night June came over to help me organize everything. Lucy only ate 4 of the baby's gifts.....well, she didn't actually eat them but she messed up two things that I was going to return to the extent that I'm keeping them (no big deal, just washcloths and a blanket, both things that I got a lot of); she also got a hold of a bib and ate the tag off, and she ran into the room and grabbed a toy and ran off but that was recovered without incident. We'll be keeping the door closed I think.....

Kevin was helpful by laying in the middle of the floor, getting the dogs to fight over a bone.



Hours later, the bed is made with my exciting new crib set! One of my favorite things!!!!



The newly redone closet is getting full too....Still lots of organizing to do though!



There are still a few things we need, but with gift cards and a few returns, it will all be covered. I'm so grateful to all of my friends and family! I still don't know how to use any of this stuff, but I'd be in an even worse place if I didn't have it all ready! THANK YOU!!!!

2 comments:

jen p. said...

my god I wish I had a closet like that.

Unknown said...

YAY FOR BABY STUFF!! How exciting! It's all coming together wonderfully!

Now we just wait for the star performer to show up. Can you believe you're this close?!