Monday, March 2, 2009

Exhausted

A lot has been going on the last few days. I'll just hit the highlights.

Friday morning, I fell down some of the stairs at home. I had on some thin, slick socks, and wiped out on the first step going down. Thankfully we have a landing partway down, so I only fell about 4 or 5 steps. My arm took the brunt of the fall, and I think it might be my most colorful bruise ever (quite a feat coming from someone who bruises easily and often). I thought you'd like to see it:

It still hurts but I think I'll survive.


Lucy is continuing to be a pretty good puppy. Many people seem amazed at how good she is, considering she's only about 4 and a half months old. I finally caught a picture of her standing on the back of the couch/windowsill. She loves to jump up there and get behind the curtain. Hopefully she'll grow out of this, she's already a bit too big.

Friday evening Kevin and I were just sitting in the living room and watching tv (and I was knitting of course). I noticed Lucy was chewing on one of his socks (she LOVES socks) and I told Kevin, and he took it away. Right after that, she was chewing on it again, and I told Kevin again, and he just let her keep chewing. Not much later, Kevin got up and said, "Where are my socks?".......neither of them could be found. So we figured, great, Lucy ate two socks and we'll be taking her to the vet tomorrow. Saturday morning, Kevin woke up and proclaimed, "Hooray, there are two socks in a pile of vomit at the foot of the bed!" which was an interesting statement to wake up to.
Meanwhile, poor Satchel was having problems going to the bathroom, and long disgusting story short we did have to take him to the vet Saturday. He seems to be ok now though, thankfully.


Saturday night Mandy and Lewis came over to our house with Emma and Spencer. We made homemade pizza, and Spencer was very entertaining help - he helped put on the cheese and the pepperoni, and everything he put on the pizza he then had to press down hard with his fingers. He also was funny because he kept asking me if he could see my baby. He asked this probably 30 times in the span of 3 hours. Can you tell Emma and Spencer are related?


And Spencer enjoyed cuddling with Satchel on the couch. Lucy was also impressively good with both kids, and didn't really jump on or bite at them at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

enough of looking at this bruise every time I check... you need to post pics of your rocking chair or something!

jen p. said...

whoops that was me... didn't realize charlie was signed in...

jmpgarnet said...

i was just thinking...who the hell is Charles? i'll post something different tonight....i didn't have any time this weekend. so sorry!