Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And then there were three.....

I'm very sad to tell you that one of the chickens passed away this weekend. Kevin has no idea what happened.....but he was downstairs and he heard this awful noise, and when he walked over to the box they are in, one just keeled over. So now we're down to three. I keep meaning to take a picture of them with my camera but then I forget. But right now they are pretty ugly - kind of in an awkward teenage stage I guess. Sometime I'll remember a picture though.
Kevin worked very hard this weekend to get the chicken coop finished. Finally by Monday evening he was ready to move it to its permanent home (and I finally could have my patio back!!!). So his brother came over, and Travis, who was in town visiting Agnes, also offered to help. However, the three of them were still having a hard time moving it. So the neighbor came over and helped too. It was a pretty comical process, but I didn't think to get my camera til they were almost done. So here they are, nearly to the final resting place against the fence. We're planning to have a 'coop warming party' in a couple of weeks when the chickens move outside. Should be a good time.
Other than Kevin working really hard on stuff at home, we were otherwise busy as well, but I forgot to take any pictures. We had grandma's birthday party and fish fry, and another day Gus and I went to Lafayette Square Park with Lauren, Erin, and Max for a walk. We spent Monday at home except for a trip to Tower Grove Park with Old Man Satchel, who managed to walk for about 20 minutes (although then he needed me to lift him back into and out of the car....).

I have a few pictures from the previous weekend though. Gus and I went to the Botanical Gardens for awhile and I took a few good pictures of this cute kid.



Then this picture is from grandma's house - Gus was looking outside at all the cats and dogs. He's in his diaper because it was about 90 degrees outside and mom and dad hadn't yet turned on their AC. HOT!
Coming soon, hopefully....a video of Gus the jabbermouth. He talks SO LOUD and SO MUCH! But it seems usually by the time I get the video camera out and he sees it, he shuts up. So that gives you something to look forward to.....

1 comment:

Jess P. said...

I love the pics from the gardens! So stinking cute!!!