Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mmmm beer, followed by laughs and toofers

Kevin and I went to the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Beer Festival on Friday. Kevin was actually the one that wanted to go, and typically if he wants to go anywhere I try to go along with it. There were 14 local breweries and more than 60 types of beer! So here we are ready to try it all.

They had a HUGE tent, and just one really long row of tables, and the beers were arranged by style. I was disappointed, because I would have preferred to try all the beers from each brewery at a time.....but oh well. Here you can kind of see how long the tent was. Crazy big!
All in all, I think we tried about half of the beers, and found a few we really liked!

While mom and dad drank beer all night, Gus spent his first night at Aunt Jackie and Uncle Allen's. I guess he was good. Jackie was tickled that the only poopy diaper was while she was gone, so Allen changed it. Haha. After picking Gus up on Saturday, we headed to mom's for the afternoon, and eventually went to the Schweizerfest parade. Unfortunately it started raining when the parade was supposed to start, so I had to entertain Gus in the car for awhile while we waited. Not fun. But here he is playing with the steering wheel.


Eventually the parade did start, but it wasn't long before it started raining again. So we stood in the rain for awhile, but we gave up before most of the floats even came by. Oh well, we tried.

I had a video that currently won't upload....so I'll try again later.

No comments: