Monday, August 24, 2009

Time is running out!

I can't believe this is my last week at home! There were so many things I had wanted to do that are obviously not going to happen, but I guess that's ok.
The weather has been blissful here lately (highs in the upper 70s to low 80s!!), so Gus and I have been getting out for some nice walks. Friday we went downtown to check out the new City Garden. Its this new sculpture garden that opened last month, and it was really cool. There were a lot of people there, especially people with kids playing in this one fountain and splash plaza. Its just good to see people downtown that aren't working or going to a Cards game. Here are some of the pictures I took there:






Saturday Gus got to meet Anna June, who is exactly 3 weeks older than Gus. Emily and I went with the kids to a Mexican restaurant for lunch, and then for a walk in Troy park. Here are the kids in their car seats:



Last week also was Gus's 6 week pediatrician appointment. He was 11 lb 14 oz (75 percentile) and 23.5 inches long (90 percentile). He got 3 shots and an oral vaccine, and he did very well with that. He needs to go back again at 10 weeks, I had no idea they had to go so friggin often!

We have a very busy week this week. Today I have to go to campus to meet with a guy that organizes courses for Wash U's U College - I'm going to teach a plant physiology class this spring thanks to my friend Mary who used to teach it and recommended me to replace her. So that will be interesting. Tomorrow I have to go to Wash U to do some moss work, so mom is coming over to watch Gus. Wednesday we have $4 tickets to the Cards game with Jackie and Allen, and Thursday I'm going to the 'Garden Nights' deal at the botanical gardens before they're over.....I guess they have a winery that offers tastings and then I think there's music too or something. So that sounds fun. Friday through Sunday are still open I think, so there will be at least some opportunities for downtime before I have to go back to work next Monday. Its just crazy how fast the time has passed!

Time to feed the kid, and then we're going to enjoy the last day of nice weather and take a nice long walk in Tower Grove Park.

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

How cute are those two kiddos together?! I'm glad that I got to see an updated pic of Anna too. Sounds like you've been busy and enjoying your time at home!