Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting back to work

This is the fourth time I've tried to do this post....my stupid old computer keeps shutting off for an unknown reason. So I'm not sure how much I'll write.....

Last week was my first week back to work, and Gus's first week at day care. Everything is going well so far for both of us. The day care people like Gus because all he does is sleep. He's been sleeping really well at night too (about 7.5 hours at a time) so we certainly can't complain!!! Work for me has been fine....I eased myself back in last week but this week will be mostly full days. I'm grateful for the lists I made telling me what I needed to do when I came back to work, but its still a little overwhelming. I'll catch up eventually.
I've been really bad about taking pictures of Gus lately. He's smiling a lot more often, and he's discovered his tongue, so I have a few new pictures of that.

He was so excited and smiley here he almost looks like he's cheering :)


Hanging out with dad


I'm so cute when I smile


Here's my tongue!!


Jackie and Allen closed on their house in Glen Carbon on Friday, so we spent a good amount of the weekend at their house helping out. Sunday everyone helped with painting the bedroom and living room, and Monday the new laminate floor went in the living room. They'll probably start moving this weekend. Gus will be so sad when Aunt Jackie moves back to Illinois!

Mom painting in the bedroom


Dad painting in the living room


All the guys at work painting


Kevin gets started on the flooring


All done! Just a few more trim pieces needed....


Not much else going on. I'm done with the two baby blankets I was making for my friend Heather's twin boys (and I got them done before the babies came - woohoo!) so now I'm working on a sweater. Things go so much more slowly now with Gus around, but hopefully I'll finish this short sleeved fall sweater before its too cold to wear. We shall see.....

4 comments:

'rikka said...

oh my gosh, he's so cute! he looks like a mini-kevo! =)

Drool Sessions said...

Julie, Gus is soooo cute! And I think it's funny that the previous comment said he looks like Kevin, because I see a lot of you. Ah, I guess I just need to meet this kid so I can make that decision in person!

jmpgarnet said...

indeed laura, you need to meet the kid. i think he looks more like kevin, and especially he did at first. but i think he has my eye shape and something else too....i do see myself from time to time. its when he's smiling and you see the cheeks and dimples that i think he really looks like kevin.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure those pictures could be any cuter!

Looks like you've got a heartbreaker on your hands. Look out!