Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy Weekend

We've all had a busy few days. Jenny, Charlie, and John flew in on Thursday, which was also John's first birthday. That evening we had dinner at our house - ribs, potatoes, and peach cobbler made from home-grown peaches....delicious.

Gus is wide awake to meet his cousin, aunt, and uncle



The Wilkins family



On Friday, Jenny, Charlie, John, and mom came over to St. Louis. In the morning we went to Tower Grove Park and walked around a little bit. I love that place.

Sisters and cousins



Gus doesn't mind riding in his stroller.



After TGP, we had lunch at Bread Co. Gus had his first poop-out-of-the-diaper-in-public incident, so that was fun. Then we went back to my house so John could take a nap. He ended up napping for almost 3 hours, so we didn't make it anywhere else. But it was nice hanging out with everyone.

On Saturday, we headed to Salem IL for my cousin's wedding. Gus got to meet my mom's side of the family for the first time, including Great Grandma Lovekamp. He was pretty good all afternoon and evening, so I guess everything went well.

Aunt Jenny and Gus. Kevin decided to get into this picture too for some reason. Why can he never smile for a picture when I want him in the picture??



Cousins. I think John is pointing at Gus in almost every picture they are in together.



John is so cute! His eyes are so pretty!



Sunday we went to June's and had lunch with her and Matt for her birthday, which was Saturday. Gus got to go to 9th Street Cafe for the third time (I think its the only restaurant he's ever been to in Highland). Then we spent some time at June's house before heading to my mom's for John's first birthday party.

I made John a sweater for his birthday that will hopefully fit this winter.



Singing Happy Birthday to John



Nothing much happened on Monday. Gus and I went over to my mom's house, and we all went to Edwardsville for a little shopping with Grandma Lovekamp. Jenny and Charlie didn't leave til yesterday, but I had work to do at home. So I stayed home and made a cake for a baby shower, and I canned tomatoes - 10 quarts and 1 pint - not too shabby for a city garden!!! I'm sure there will be more to come though!

No comments: