Saturday, May 30, 2009

So much to do, so little time!

Today Kevin and I are starting to *finally* clear out the guest room to make it ready for the kid. Basically both Kevin and I are crabby with each other, and there's junk laying all over that we don't know what to do with or where to put it. I just posted the guest bed on craigslist, hopefully that will be out of the way soon. My mom is coming over tomorrow to help clean the room and potentially we can start moving the baby furniture in.....so there will be pictures to come of that.

Otherwise, random post. Last weekend my friends Aaron and Edwina were down in the area for a wedding, and we spent the day Saturday with them. Aaron and Edwina are both friends from my first summer research experience - as a HURF after my freshman year of college (2000). Edwina was one of my roommmates at good ol Illini Tower. And I'll never forget the first time I met Aaron - he said to me - "Are you the one from Pocahontas?" and I was floored because no one has ever heard of Pocahontas, but he had apparently seen my address on a list. Ends up his older brother lives very close to my parents and is actually a teacher at my high school. So that was interesting. Anyway, Aaron and Edwina finally started dating sometime in the year after our HURF summer (with some gentle nudging from myself, I believe....). And they've been together ever since, mostly as a long-distance couple. Most recently, Aaron has been in grad school at Michigan State and Edwina in vet school at U of I. I emailed Edwina a few weeks ago to see what she was up to since I knew she was graduating.....and I had a very funny reply.....I think her words were something like "I guess I'm moving up by Aaron, because we went to city hall last week and got hitched." So that was exciting and surprising to learn. Anyway, they were down this past weekend. We had a leisurely lunch outside at Blueberry Hill, then we went to the Gardens where I took this picture of the newlyweds. We spent the rest of the evening sitting in the backyard at our house. Its always so nice to catch up with old friends.



Last weekend I also made a very small wedding cake for a friend's friend's brother who was getting married at city hall this week. While I was in the kitchen trying to get the cake baked, both of my dogs passed out on the floor right in my way, and they were laying almost exactly the same. It was just very funny. When I took the picture, Lucy raised her head, but they're still laying more or less the same.



And finally, a dreaded picture of myself. My friend Shannon who lives in Chicago wanted to see an up-to-date baby bump picture, so here you go....Me at 34 weeks. Getting very big!



And in the amount of time that its taken me to post this, two people have called about my bed on craigslist - so maybe i'll get it out of here by the end of the day!!!!

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

You look so cute! I love baby bumps! It won't be long now!