Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good News and Bad News

I can start with the bad news. My best friend Lauren's mom passed away this weekend. She's had a long battle with breast-turned-brain cancer. I'm sure Kathy is now in a much better place, and hopefully life will slowly return to normal for Lauren and her family. But keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Yesterday I was back at the doctor to talk to her for the first time since we found out the baby was huge and breech. She didn't sound overly concerned about his size, she said at least he wasn't 99th percentile (which was my feeling until the nurse that called me made it sound like 91st percentile was overly big). And we talked a bit about the fact that he was breech, and she said I still had a chance that he could turn around and that at around 37 weeks we could talk about physically trying to make him turn, but before that we would wait. And somehow or another then she decided to go ahead and pull out the ultrasound machine and, lo and behold, the kid turned around! He's now head down! So this is good. Hopefully he's just not able to turn again.... The only other thing from my appt - my blood pressure has been consistently kind of high, so the doctor is having me checked for preeclampsia stuff - with a blood test and a 24 hour urine collection. Yes folks, I have to collect 24 HOURS WORTH of my pee. They gave me a giant jug to store it in, and it needs to be kept cold or on ice. I'm still not sure when I'm going to do this because its an obvious inconvenience.....
Random other things. Last night I went over to Lauren's house for a little bit, and on my way out of Highland I decided I needed a tropical sno and some fried okra from wal mart. So I got my tropical snow, and then was at wal mart waiting at the counter to get my okra, and I look over, and my sister Jessica is standing right next to me. This was just funny and random, because obviously neither of us remotely expected to see the other.
Friday Kevin and I both took the day off work. We went to Wash U's campus for graduation for free food, since it was technically when I would have walked had I wanted to walk. Nothing too exciting about the day, except we found a program from graduation laying on the ground, and my name was in it....so I was excited to add that to the box where my diploma is. We were going to go to the gardens or the zoo for the rest of the day, but it was ridiculously hot. So I think we didn't do anything else for the rest of the day. And the weekend was pretty laid back too. Very very nice.
Tonight we're headed to the Cards/Cubs game with Jackie and Allen, woohoo! Hopefully the Cards will have their ducks in a row and get a win for once....

2 comments:

Jess P. said...

I think you need to keep your diploma somewhere other than inside a box!

jmpgarnet said...

at least i know where this diploma is, i couldn't even tell you where my u of i one is....