Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

Surely there are interesting things that have been going on, but if I don't have a picture to go with them I'm less likely to remember.
Things I do have pictures of and do remember.....
I finally finished Emily's baby blanket. I think its the first girl baby blanket I've made. Its certainly unconventional - when I started it, I had only recently finished Erin's baby blanket. Blankets tend to take forever and be a little boring, so I thought for Emily's blanket I would entertain myself.....so I made a bunch of squares with random patterns of kind of the same size and then sewed them all together. I think it turned out pretty interesting. So now I'm taking a sock break before I start on another baby blanket.


Another recent highlight is meeting baby Max Mignin. He's Erin's baby, and was born in Ohio 7 weeks ago. Last week my mom and I went to see him for awhile, and last night I got Kevin to go over there with me to meet him. He's very sweet, and he has so much hair!!! Although Kevin has been around a number of babies, I think this time was different because it was his first time being around a relatively newborn baby when his being a parent is imminent. He held the baby awhile, and said it made him feel a little better.... not sure exactly what he meant but it was good. Here's a picture of Max chilling in his bouncy seat - don't know why it randomly rotated like this though....


Right when we were getting ready to leave Max got a little fussy....and Erin started flying him around the room, and he loved it!!


Hmmmm what else is new....The garden is looking very very nice. The only problem is that both dogs keep running through it; this is especially a problem considering how much it has rained lately. I have basically given up on cleaning the floor of my kitchen beyond sweeping - its just pointless. Lucy got spayed a week and a half ago. She was nice and calm for about a day and then it was back to business as usual, biting Satchel and randomly running around like a crazy dog. I had my 30 week appointment yesterday, and again I'm measuring about 4/5 weeks too big....so I have to go back this afternoon for an ultrasound to check and see if the baby is just a little big or if this measurement is inaccurate for me. So we'll see!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

I cannot believe you are already 30 weeks! Time has flown by! Tell Erin congrats. Max is a cutie! I'm always amazed when babies have so much hair after my little baldy. :)