Friday, July 30, 2010

Live From Montreal....

So I made it to Montreal. So far, the city and my hotel seem very nice. I am here with my friends Heather and Valentina who are in the lab next to mine. We explored tonight in the Old City and it was very cool....obviously I've never been to Europe but it seemed very European. And I knew this was a very French place, but it's even more French than I imagined....I'm a little intimidated, but certainly I'll get used to it in the next week.
HOWEVER.....
I am very sorry to report that I forgot the cord to hook up my camera to my computer. I guess at this point it doesn't matter because it also seems wifi might be harder to come by than I expected. I just assumed there would be free wifi at the hotel, but there is not. Right now we caved and paid $15 for 24 hours of internet...and I'm not sure what will happen after that. I'm just praying the convention center has wifi and somehow I can make that work. Also it seems I'm not smart enough to make the wifi work on my phone....these are the drawbacks of letting your more tech-savvy husband take care of such details.
ANYWAY.....
If I have time and have the internet and have anything worth posting without pictures, I'll be back. If not, I'll be sure to put the picture highlights up next week.
Wish me luck!

No comments: