Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, there has been A LOT going on. I swear to you, for the past 3 weeks I have had maybe two free evenings. Anyway, I'll try to catch you up.

Gus finally got to try out his birthday swing set a couple days after his birthday. He doesn't look too enthused.
My wonderful friend Emily turned 30! For her birthday, we went to Fast Eddie's - a famous bar and grill place in Alton that I had yet to experience so I was very excited!

The girls at Fast Eddie's. I enjoyed many of 'the coldest beers in town' and a 1/2 lb Fat Eddie Burger. Yum!

Then, Gus had another birthday party. Here he is while people are singing to him.

He had more fun playing with the plate....although he ate plenty of cake and icing too!

Sitting in daddy's old rocking chair

Waiting for dad to get one of his new toys out of the box!

Then, last week was spent playing LOTS of softball catch-up, making up some rained-out games. Two more to make up then we finally start the playoffs. Friday I went to Lilith Fair with a good number of my good friends. It was brutally hot and sunny, but there was a breeze that saved us. We saw lots of fabulous artists, including Ingrid Michaelson and Sarah McLachlan. I LOVED Ingrid and can't wait to see her again.....sadly she almost never plays in STL. And so I wait.....

THEN, the Eyrich's have been in town! On Saturday they came over to play for awhile. Spencer enjoyed playing with Gus's new Legos.

Emma did not enjoy Lucy's company.

Gus went crazy when Spencer went outside and they laughed at each other through the glass.

Saturday was also Kevin and my sixth wedding anniversary. Grandma June came to take Gus for the night, and we went to Onesto for dinner. It was wonderful! We thought we might go see a movie, but after a bottle of wine with dinner we were less interested in a movie. Instead, we went downtown to check out the City Gardens at night.....I had heard the lighting was really interesting. Indeed, it was nice.
Sunday I spent an hour picking green beans. My back and legs still hurt today from this. So if you want some beans, I can hook you up! We are also knee-deep in eggplant, cucumbers, and the green peppers and tomatoes are just getting started.
Meanwhile, my blessed iPhone stopped working. I guess it's probably related to when I washed it however long ago - maybe some moisture inside slowly corroded a connection or something? But as of right now I'm using Kevin's old Razor.....so sad. I can tell when I have voicemail, but at the moment I can't figure out how to listen to it.....such fun. BUT, I have a new laptop! So that is exciting. Now I just need to figure out how to skype with Jenny and John.....

No comments: