Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Time for a new pair of glasses.....

1. a bag of flour
2. the electrical cords of my waffle maker and my George Foreman grill
3. one size 2 bamboo double pointed needle
4. a 4 pound bag of potatoes, and all of my onions
5. my binder of recipes printed from the internet
6. countless dog toys (new ones and all of Satchel's)
7. a ziploc bag of valentine's day sugar cookies
8. the box of a 12 pack of Bud Light bottles
9. a few half-dead cacti
10. MY GLASSES

By now you might have guessed, I'm attempting to compile a list of all the random crap Lucy has ruined or almost ruined in the 4 weeks we've had her so far. In general, nothing was a major loss. I was very upset about the cookies (and all the sugar had the unfortunate side effect making her extra crazy for the whole night). But yesterday came the kicker - while I was in the shower, she ate MY GLASSES. I had put in my contacts while sitting on the couch that morning, and I left my glasses on the end table. When I came down from my shower, I saw them sitting on my couch, and I thought to myself, why did I leave them there? Then I saw one of the lenses sitting there. Then I looked at my actual glasses and saw the other lens and the frames were covered in teeth marks. GREAT.
Honestly it could have been worse. My glasses were about 5 years old, and 2 or 3 prescriptions behind, and I had been considering getting new glasses for about 6 months. So now I guess I can get a new pair. I just couldn't believe that after 4 weeks of unsupervision while I'm in the shower, suddenly she would eat MY GLASSES. Damn dog.
Other than that, Lucy is ok. She already getting bigger - I have a hard time throwing her out of my way on the bed. She only rarely is having accidents inside, partly because we are now keeping her in a kennel during the day. She is just so crazy wired when I get home in the evening, then she calms down just in time for Kevin to come home and it happens all over again. Its interesting to say the least.
Not much else - just catching up on work after being in Chicago.
I guess I officially have a belly of some sort too - I saw Jackie last night for the first time in a week and a half, and she immediately said 'Wow you look pregnant!' A coworker also said something about looking bigger yesterday, which I thought was funny. I'm just praying I can keep wearing normal clothes as long as possible....
On Monday we'll know if we're having a boy or a girl! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

Don't forget the rubber-band trick on your pants! That can make them last for weeks longer than they should!