Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back in DC

After a slightly scary start to the day (my alarm didn't go off, and I woke up at 5:10, when the cab was coming at 5:30), I got to DC at about 8am and to my hotel by 8:30. I sat on a bench on the mall knitting until Erikka and Brian got in. We went to the US Botanic Garden (which was pretty small, but had a nice conservatory), then to the Hirshhorn museum (which I had been to in June, but they had moved stuff around significantly), had lunch and the Capitol City Brewing Co, and then we went to DuPont Circle to go to a private art museum called the Phillips Collection. It was very impressive and in an old cool house. After the art museum, we just walked around the area for awhile, including Embassy Row - a street where most of the embassies are. So that was interesting. We had dinner at a great pizza place, and then they headed home and I went to my hotel. So it was a long day, but it was nice. I was glad Erikka and Brian were here - otherwise I probably just would have sat at the hotel all day!
TWO MORE DAYS!!!!


Me and Erikka at the Botanic Garden, Capitol building behind us



lion sculpture and Capitol building

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're almost home!! We had a going away party, now we need a welcome home get together at your house!! :)

Travel safely. See you soon.

Ang