Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We have had a very busy few weeks! And now I think we need a new house to fit all of Gus' new toys. But....I digress.

We started our Christmas celebrations on Christmas eve. Kevin took a shopping trip to Toys R Us late the night before, and he got Gus all kinds of stuff after I had just bought him a few things knowing he would get a lot everywhere else. Gus got a new big wagon (that I can't wait to get out of my dining room) and a big metal dump truck, among other things. Gus did ok with opening presents, but generally was distracted by the newest thing and had to be dragged back to the next present. He's a little ADD-ish, but I guess that's normal for an 18-month old right?


This is my favorite picture of Gus from the holidays. I just can't help laughing every time I see it.


Opening up a wooden train


Basket! Dad got him a Little Tykes bball hoop!


It started snowing pretty good Christmas eve morning. Kevin took this picture while I was getting ready to head to IL before the snow got any worse.


The next celebration - Christmas at grandma June's. Gus takes a break to give Satchel a hug.


Guitar! One of two he received that day....


Christmas morning - Watching Dad clear the snow from the driveway at grandma's.


All the dogs were watching Kevin too!


And another celebration - Aunt Jackie with both nephews and Great Grandma's house.



And another celebration.....Gus loves the box as a hat at Grandma Connie's house.


And the final Christmas celebration - opening present's with Dad at Great Grandma Lovekamp's house.


For New Year's Eve, we all got together at the Becker's house for crab legs! The brothers-in-law are avoiding the sisters by sitting in the living room.


Gus' favorite place is under the table in Aunt Jackie's kitchen. Gus is introducing the good spot to his cousin!


And so it was....2010 is over. All in all, it was a pretty good year. We have a happy, healthy little boy and we both have jobs for the time being. Here's hoping 2011 brings a new job for me!!

No comments: