Thursday, May 13, 2010

They're here!


Grrrr, I hate this blog. Anyway, the chickens are here! They arrived in the mail on Tuesday. There was just a small cardboard box on the doorstep, and here they are! They were shipped as one day old chicks, so I guess in this picture they are two day old. So very cute! Lucy was very confused while they were sitting on the kitchen counter.....she couldn't see them, so she was going crazy hearing their 'chirp chirp' and not knowing what was going on! Kevin came home early from work to take care of the chicks, and put them in their home for the next few weeks - a big rubbermaid tub with food, water, and a heat lamp. The two yellow chicks are Delawares and the brown/black ones are 'Jersey Giants'. I think they will be inside for a month or so, then they can move into the chicken coop Kevin is getting close to finishing.

Here's a picture of their current home:


This weekend was my first mother's day! Friday night we celebrated with June (and Matt), Saturday I went wine tasting with mom and Jess in Augusta (you can see Jessica's blog for pictures of that....), and spent the evening with grandma Plocher, then sunday we went to grandma Lovekamp's. It was very busy, but is always nice to see family!

Here is Gus crawling towards me in grandma Lovekamp's backyard - he has a very funny look on his face.
Trying to take a decent picture of me and my baby on Mother's Day....I seriously think I'm the least photogenic person in the world!

And finally a couple of videos. First a short one so you can see the cute chicks, and then one of Gus....he was being really jabbery so I wanted to take of movie of him talking, but then he quit after I got out the camera. He is still cute in it though.

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

Julie, I think if you just click on the picture and drag it, it should move where ever you want it to go, even under your text. Just thought I'd try and help.