Monday, October 5, 2009

The weirdest egglplants ever

We finally had a relatively unbusy weekend. Although I start to panic when I don't have plans, it was kind of nice to not have much to do. I got some long-needed cleaning done, baked cookies, went for walks, and got a bit of knitting done (although this sweater seems to be taking forever). I also did some yard work and picked some stuff in the garden. We've still got about 8 eggplants that are trying to get bigger in the cooler weather. But I found the weirdest eggplant ever....and then I found another one! Has anyone ever seen anything like this?!?



See dad, we have some hops.



I also spent the weekend inventorying Gus's 3-6 month size clothes, since he needs to dress warmer now, and since a lot of the 0-3 month stuff doesn't fit anymore. I was worried he didn't have enough pants or long sleeves, but I think he'll be more than fine (mostly thanks to Jenny loaning us John's clothes). Gus continues to be entertaining, but I have the hardest time taking pictures of him being cute, because when I put a camera in his face, this is what he looks like:



This weekend we dug into his toys for the first time, and we found he likes this rattle. We have to put it in his hand, but then he holds onto it forever.





Saturday we went to Arnold for Angie and Matt's open house. Gus got to spend some time with his friend Anna :)

1 comment:

'rikka said...

haha, i had a weird tomato like that this summer, took some funny photos of it.
but more importantly, are those Peanut Butter Blossoms in the background? yum!