Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh, Lucy.....

We've now had Lucy for a week. Things have calmed down a little bit, but just when I start bragging on how good she is and how long its been since she has peed inside, then I step in a puddle of pee.
But really, she is pretty good. The problem has been figuring out how to keep her in the kitchen all day....finally we now have 4 gates (2 for each doorway into the kitchen) and that seems to work (knock on wood....). Last Thursday she stayed in with only 3 gates, but then Friday she jumped out. The only real damage wasn't too bad, but she got into my current knitting project and tore the ball of yarn up. Thankfully she didn't unravel what I'm working on; now I just have a ball of knots to undo as I knit. See?




Lucy and Satchel are getting along quite nicely. Here's my favorite picture of them so far - they're almost like a mirror image (other than being different colors and different sizes, of course....)




And here's a nice example of how Lucy just likes to climb on Satchel and pass out. Satchel crawled up right next to Kevin and went to sleep, then Lucy jumped on so she could be a part of the fun. And no, I couldn't tell you why Kevin hasn't shaved for more than a week.....




Other than learning to deal with our new puppy, last week was pretty exciting. I had countless yummy birthday lunches and dinners. I also got 3 pairs of shoes in less than a week (2 were gifts) - I figure I shouldn't bother with clothes when (1) I have too many, and there are clothes I like that I haven't even worn yet this winter, and (2) Soon enough my clothes won't fit me anyway. Too bad the snowy weather is keeping me from wearing my fun new shoes though.

Yesterday I had my 16 week doctors appt, which was pretty uneventful. Jessica was hoping they would do an ultrasound and 'accidentally' find out what the sex is (since I had a random ultrasound at 12 weeks). But no luck, we just heard the heartbeat and confirmed it was still in there. Just over the weekend I think my gut is starting to feel a little different, but I don't think I look different yet. Maybe looking different would make me feel like there really is something in there. Now I just have to be extra careful in this stupid slick weather, I slipped and fell yesterday morning, which I can't imagine is a good thing. The worst part was my stupid neighbor that we don't talk to was standing less than 30 feet away and she didn't even ask me if I was ok. Sure I'm not 80 years old, but I think I would still ask anyone if they were ok after I saw them wipe out. Whatever.

1 comment:

Drool Sessions said...

Julie, you are so close to feeling that baby move! I think I was 19 or 20 weeks along when I started feeling the little kicks and flutters. It's truly the best part of being pregnant