Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter and some other stuff

Sorry, things have been very busy lately. Gus started getting sick almost two weeks ago, and finally went to the doctor last week for his nine month check up and we found out he had a double ear infection. All things considered, he wasn't acting all that bad, mostly just not eating or sleeping well. Since he's been on antibiotics, he's been getting better and finally slept all night again last night, but he has a fever again, so I might get to take him to the doctor tomorrow if it isn't gone by this evening.
At his nine month checkup, he weighed 21.75 lb, and was 28.5 inches long. They never told me and I never asked about percentiles, but I'd guess he's big-ish.
Gus has been getting into A LOT lately. He started trying to eat the dog food just the other day, and last night he even hovered on the floor right by Satchel trying to steal some. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out very good (I dropped my camera and it's still working but something isn't quite right....).
The worst thing that happened to me with Gus being sick was that he threw up all over me, which caused me to throw my clothes into the wash right away, and my iPhone was in my pocket. Miraculously, it still works. I just discovered that the camera isn't working though, but I need to try turning my phone off and back on again.
Also, on top of Gus being sick, he got me sick. I coughed all last week but didn't feel too bad....then this week I had coughed enough that all the muscles in my back ache. So I finally went to a doctor monday, and hopefully I'm on the mend (still really hurting today, but I have stuff that has to be done!). Then Kevin came home sick from work yesterday with an earache, and he's going to the doctor in a couple of hours, so hopefully soon we'll all be better!

Anyway, some pictures.


Erin and Max and me and Gus at the church egg hunt (even though mom told me not to bring Gus, haha)



Gus's attendance prize were some bunny ears. And this is his I'm-showing-you-my-teeth smile


Gus was more interested in the other kid than in the bunnies


Gus didn't feel too good on Easter, but I had to get a picture of his Easter outfit and his new Easter socks (that will only fit for a tiny bit longer)


Poor sick Gussie is out for the count.


Gus's new favorite game is to steal the bone from Lucy.....


....and taunt her with it.


And some pictures from the Botanical Gardens, where we went with mom this weekend....





Gus has the cutest smile!

No comments: